What is it ?
From June 15, 2019, a new European regulation requires new registered freight and passenger vehicles to be equipped with smart tachographs. New driver cards are also released.
Am I concerned by the annex 1C ?
If one of my employees uses a driver card issued from 15/06/2019: I am concerned.
What does it change ?
The smart tachograph can no longer be read by my current downloading hardware. I can not collect and archive data from new tachographs and new driver cards. I need to exchange or update my hardware. I need to update my archiving software.
SMART TACHOGRAPH !
WHAT IS IT ?
The main changes related to this new regulation from June 15, 2019
- The arrival of the smart tachograph, with the following features:
- Strong and secure data encryption. Learn more ...
- A satellite positioning module to raise the position of the vehicle. Learn more ...
- A communication module allowing the authorities to control the vehicle from a distance without stopping it. Learn more ...
- A GRPD function allowing the driver to manage his personal data. Learn more ...
- But also ... Learn more ...
- The new driver cards. Learn more ...
- Replacement or updating of all downloading hardware. Learn more ...
- Updating all your legal data archiving software. Learn more ...
Understand the Annex 1C
ALL THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU ASK YOURSELF
This is an asset that can reduce costs, save time and set functions to the company's own requirements.
Christophe Mathieu, Continental Product Manager VDO 2018
From June 15, 2019 for all new vehicle registered.
No. Your current software will archive and can continue to archive driver (C1B) and vehicle (V1B) data as it did before. However, it won’t be able to archive C1C or V1C new format data. You should contact your computer software provider (if they haven’t done it yet). Or contact a specialist in this new regulation by contacting us.
We are informing you of the latest developments regarding this new regulation.
Indeed, many points remain in negotiation and will give rise to the next updates of the European regulation and its annex 1C.